Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Vacation 2016 - Grandpa's Farm

First we got to meet our newest cousin, Baby Anniston.  Then lots of play time with Karrigan and Sinclaire now that they are Grammy's neighbors.  We were even in time to help celebrate Sinclaire's second birthday.  That makes two birthday's in a row!






Then out to the garden and berry patch.  The peas were already finished by the time we got there so we tried digging potatoes and snapping beans instead.  We also picked cherry tomatoes and black raspberries - Yum!








Our lonely windmill without her blades.






Child, where is your bow?







Just enough for some jam.



My Great-Great-Grandpa George Willard Moore bought this land in 1899 and it has been family farmed ever since.  He built the very house my dad and I grew up in.  His only child, my Great-Grandpa Ralph Ivan Moore built the house next door and raised my Grandpa Roy Austin Moore.  He was their only son and carried on with two of his three sons, my dad and my uncle.  The older I get the more I appreciate the deep history of my roots and our visits to the farm.


And of course, our summer trip wouldn't be complete without fireflies (thanks Grammy) and tractor rides and warm sunshine.  











We can play outside and not get sweaty.

















Thanks for showing us around Grandpa!







No comments:

Post a Comment