Saturday, January 9, 2021

AUGUST

 

August started with a new baby cousin.  Reese Kay Drilling born August 5th.  The girls are so excited.

Julianna and Emerson finally had their ballet recital - Sleeping Beauty.

















The last bit of at home time.  School is starting soon!  We will start virtual but since I have to work from the building, teacher kids get to also be in the building.



The girls gave Stro a bath.  This boy is getting up there.  14 and a half.




Church is still at home on Sunday mornings. A blanket fort is perfect for church.





BRACES!  Phase one officially begins.


Grammy and the Iowa fam were dealing with this on top of everything else.  Mom called me from the basement while it was going on.  100 mph straight line winds.  A Derecho.  
Sounds like the cornfields were flattened.









 A very sad day for Grandma's barn, now my brother's barn.  They lost one of their two horses inside.



My sister lost tons of trees in Cedar Rapids as well and had damage to the house.



We were so glad to hear that everyone was okay.  Praise God!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Finally... Back to School!









Emerson - third grade


Twins - fourth grade




I'm still in first grade. This is my 17th year at CT in first grade and my 22nd year teaching.  I have to write it down now.  It's getting harder and harder to remember how long it has been.  
Kind of like my age.  :)


Let the distance learning begin.  I had the fourth grade teacher kids for an hour each morning.






They followed a schedule and moved to different parts of the building throughout the day.








Even a few things to do at home.




Love these curls!


Then this happened and pushed back our in-person start date. Luckily we didn't get any of the hurricane or power loss.




And we ended the month with a birthday celebration.  10 years old!  HOW did that happen.





This seems like it was just yesterday. 


I love you both so very much!

















No comments:

Post a Comment